- 2 Better Brownies, we used Chocolate flavour
- 3/4 cup teff flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1.5 cups bran cereal
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup almond milk (may substitute for any plant or dairy milk if preferred)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (we used blueberries and raspberries)
- To begin let bran cereal sit in bowl of almond milk for approximately 10 minutes to soften.
- Line a muffin pan with liners and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add honey, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla to bowl and stir to combine.
- Once combined add ground flax seed, chia seeds, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flours, and whisk well to combine.
- Chop Better Brownies into small pieces and fold into batter gently while adding berries.
- Scoop batter into muffin tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!